We all know the effects of a nail polish binge—horrid, icky, yellowing nails. Truthfully, they’re really easy to cover up with another coat of polish; though that’s not something you should be doing. The yellowing is actually due to the dyes from darker polishes; but in tandem with other polish ingredients that affect the keratin protein in your nails, it’s becomes more than just a colour reaction.
Don’t fret, it’s not too late for some nail rehab! Here are a few tips and tricks to get your nails back on track:
- Don’t scrape off the yellow stains! You’re just making your nails thinner and more brittle by doing this.
- Apply tea tree oil to your nails for some TLC. Bonus, this will discourage fungus from growing.
- Wear a base coat whenever doing your nails. Prevention is always better than looking for a solution!
- Use dark polish sparingly. Stick to light-coloured polishes if you’re the kind who likes to leave your polish on for weeks.
- Give your nails a long break for every 3 weeks of polish madness.
Trust us, your nails will thank you!
Do you have any nail advice for your fellow polish junkies? Comment below, sharing is caring! #DashingDivaPH
Featured image from backstage.com